||Explore Our Site
Customized Employment is..
- Individualizing the employment relationship between employees and
employers in ways that meet the needs of both
- A person centered approach to employment that is based on the individual’s
- Blend of services designed to increase employment options for individuals
with significant disabilities
Customized Employment incorporates several different strategies:
- Job carving/creation
- Job sharing
- Supported Employment
- Self-employment or entrepreneurial initiatives
- Other individualized job development or restructuring strategies
that result in job responsibilities that match both the employee’s
and employer’s needs.
Customized Employment Publications:
Employment: Practical Solutions for Employment Success
- Developed by the National
Center on Workforce and Disability, in conjunction with ODEP, this portfolio
is intended as an introduction to Customized Employment for individuals
who are not familiar with the concept.
Customized Employment Newsletter - Published
by Maryland Disability WorkFORCE Information Exchange.
June 2005 (pdf)
To learn more about Customized Employment contact:
Disability WorkFORCE Information Exchange
National Center on Workforce and Disability/Adult (NCWD/A)